Frequently Asked Questions

Who has access to my card information?
The card and funds are in your name and the information is held in confidence for your access, through use of your PIN or password. Your employer only remits money to your card. Your employer has no responsibility for the card, or for your use of the card. You may continue to keep and use your Payroll Card after your relationship with your employer has ended. Please call 866-466-8025 for more information.[back to top]

How do I get funds placed on the card?
Once you activate your card, your employer will load your payroll funds to your card account instead of issuing you a check. Be sure to notify your employer when you receive your card.[back to top]

  • Can I load other funds on my card? Yes. You can use your routing and account number to sign up for electronic deposit from other sources, including IRS tax refunds and other employers. You can also load cash at Visa Readylink locations, which also includes Greendot locations. You can find Visa Readylink locations here:[back to top]
  • How do I check my balance? You can check your balance anytime 24x7 online, with our automated phone system or by speaking to a live agent. You can also enroll for text message alerts at so you can check balances and receive notifications on your cell phone. The cost is only $1.00 per month to enroll for Text Message Alerts. You are responsible for text message charges from your cell phone carrier.[back to top]
  • How do I use SMS Text alerts? Log into your account at , click the “Account Activity” tab and choose “Enroll in text message (SMS) alerts.” Choose which alerts you would like to receive. You can also send requests by texting the following commands to 91315. Use the last 4 digits of your card number to identify your account: (1) Activate card – “Activate ####”; (2) Balance – “BAL ####”; (3) Help – “Help ####”; (4) Stop – “Stop ####.”[back to top]
  • How do I know my routing and account number? Just login to your account at , click on the “Account Activities” tab and choose “Direct Deposit Information.”[back to top]

What do I do if the card is declined?
This means that the amount authorized by the merchant is more than the remaining card balance plus any associated fee.[back to top]

Can I use my Payroll Card for automatic recurring payments?
Yes. Use the routing and account number from your card to sign up for recurring payments. However, if you do not have sufficient funds in your account recurring payments can be a problem and result in service being discontinued if a payment is declined due to insufficient funds on the card.[back to top]

Is the Payroll Card a credit card?
No, the Payroll Card is a pre-funded card. However, when used for purchases at a merchant it requires your signature. Merchants with the INTERLINK symbol will allow you to purchase using your 4-digit PIN number like a debit card. Also, you can use your Payroll Card at ATMs with the VISA logo (or Plus logo for some cards).[back to top]

How can I check the balance on my card?
You can check your balance online at or call customer service at 866-466-8025.[back to top]

If the purchase is for more than my balance on the card, can I pay the difference?
Yes, you can pay the difference between the purchase price and the remaining value of the Payroll Card if the merchant will allow this type of transaction.[back to top]

Can I use my card to get cash from ATMs?
Yes. By using your PIN number, you can get cash from ATM’s anywhere you see a VISA (or CIRRUS for some cards) symbol displayed on the ATM. Typically there will be a charge by the ATM owner for using this ATM. A list of “no surcharge” ATMs is available at .[back to top]

Can I get cash back with purchases?
Yes, but only if the merchant is an INTERLINK merchant and only if the merchant allows this type of transaction.[back to top]

Do I need a PIN number to use my card?
No. You can use your card anywhere and sign the receipt just like a Visa credit card transaction. However, you will need your PIN for ATM transactions and you can use your PIN with INTERLINK merchants for purchase transactions.[back to top]

Can I use my Payroll Card at “pay at the pump” gasoline stations?
Yes, but this may result in “transaction declined.” The card terminal in the “pay at the pump” stations automatically checks with the Bank to see if your Payroll Card has enough money left to pay for an “average purchase of gas” which varies among merchants. If your Payroll Card does not have enough money to pay for an average amount, your attempt to pay at the pump will be declined. The average gas purchase amount changes just as retail gas prices change. If this occurs, you can go inside and ask the cashier to authorize an amount that is within the remaining balance of your card.[back to top]

Are there any other merchants where a transaction may be declined?
Merchants whose customers normally “tip” will often obtain an authorization for the amount of the bill plus a percentage for tip prior to bringing the receipt to you for your signature. For authorization, ask the waiter to authorize an amount that is within the remaining balance of your card.[back to top]

Can I order a second card that has access to my funds?
Yes. You can order up to three secondary cards at the time of enrollment or at .[back to top]

Can I load additional funds to the card?
You can add money to your card wherever you see the Visa ReadyLink symbol. Participating locations and instructions can be found on Visa’s website:[back to top]

What should I do if my Payroll Card is lost or stolen?
Immediately notify the issuer by going online to or call toll free 866-466-8025, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or write to: Cardholder Services, P.O. Box 7235
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-7235. Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.[back to top]